Gathering utilizes resources in the world of Black Desert to produce usable materials for crafting.
There are multiple forms of gathering, each requires a specific tool and 1 Energy to interact with elements within the in-game world.
To gather, stand over / near the specific object, a gathering option will appear and press the R key. This can be rocks, bushes, trees, plants, monster or animal corpses.
Some interactions require you to equip the specified tool in your equipment window, the gathering option will inform you of which tool. (Some can be interacted with bare hands, but Tools will improve chances of better / rarer products.)
If no gathering option appears it means the object has been recently used by another player already.
Tool types Edit
- Axe - tree chopping
- Gives generic logs, chance of tree specific timber and/or sometimes other rare items
- Hoe - gathering flora: fruits, herbs, mushrooms, farming related plants
- Bush, Thicket gives weeds and/or randomized seeds / mushroom hypha - used for Farming
- "Fruit Trees" gives weeds and chance of randomized fruits
- Specifically named trees yield weeds and chance of specific fruits
- mushroom patches gives the specific mushroom with a chance of Big-/High Quality-xxx-mushroom
- Tanning knife - extracts fur from corpses
- Pickaxes - rock harvesting and ore-rock mining
- Fluid Collector - extracts various fluids
- Butchering Knife - extracts meat from corpses
- Empty Bottle - collects water from Sea / River
- Fishing Rod - allows fishing minigame near body of water to obtain fish, seaweed and random items
By gathering materials from any objects you will gain experience.
Ranking goes from Gathering Beginner 0-10, Apprentice 0-10, Skilled 0-10 and Professional 0-10.
Various skill-related quests will become available as you progress through the ranks if one has the "life skill" quests enabled in the quest menu ('O' by default, top right corner buttons).
If quests are still not available when you are at Apprentice 4 or above, talk to the Black Spirit -> Guide -> ask about various skills / exhaust conversation options. Possible Bug.